you can't take it with you

You Can't Take It With You

Why Support BTE?

Over the last few months much of the world has been turned upside down. Many of the things that seemed normal, routine, predictable, and safe -- sending kids off to school, running to the grocery, commuting to work, getting together with friends, attending the theatre -- became dangerous and sources of unexpected anxiety.

Entering 2020, we at BTE could never have imagined that we’d have to cancel half the shows in our 2019-20 season.

guidestar badge

We are announcing our 2020-21 with the sincerest hope that the COVID-19 outbreak will be contained to an extent that our audience can come back to the theatre. We must accept, however, that there remains the possibility that we may again have to interrupt our season in the interest of public health and safety.

In normal circumstances, revenue from ticket sales provides about 45% of BTE’s total operating budget. The remaining 55% comes from education programming fees, foundation and corporate grants, and donations from individuals.

2020 has, of course, been anything but normal. The loss of ticket revenue means that, if we are to be able to mount the 2020-21 season successfully, and if we are to be ready to meet the possible challenge of additional closures, we must secure additional funding.

With hundreds of other area small businesses, we have sought and have received some assistance from Federal and State COVID-19 relief programs. While a significant help, funding from these sources will not meet the whole of our need.

That is why, now more than ever before in BTE’s history, your gift is needed to help us carry on.

Donations in any dollar amount will be of help and will be gratefully received.

Join BTE's Ensemble Circle, our core association of donors who have contributed $50 to $5000 and over in support of our work.

To join, all you need to is make a contribution using our online donation form. Donations in any amount are gratefully received.

Ensemble Circle Categories & Benefits

Brecht Level: Contributions $5000 and over

  • BTE will tailor a benefits package for you.
  • Your name is listed in all programs for the season, if you wish.

Moliere Level: Contributions from $1000 to $4,999

  • An invitation to sit at the director/designer level for a dress rehearsal at BTE;
  • An invitation to all opening night parties;
  • A BTE t-shirt, tailored to your tastes;
  • A poster signed by members of a show (advance notice required);
  • Take a view of a show from the catwalk (advance reservations required);
  • Receive our special donor newsletter;
  • Your name is listed in all programs for the season, if you wish.

Ibsen Level: Contributions from $250 to $999

  • An invitation to an opening night party;
  • Take a view of a show from the catwalk (advance reservations required);
  • A BTE t-shirt, tailored to your tastes;
  • A poster signed by members of a show (advance notice required);
  • Receive our special donor newsletter;
  • Your name is listed in all programs for the season, if you wish.

Williams Level: Contributions from $50 to $249

  • A poster signed by members of a show (advance notice required);
  • Receive our special donor newsletter;
  • You name is listed in all programs for the season, if you wish.